Sterle jewelry in Solitaire Magazine
We are very pleased to have had some of our beautiful Pierre Sterle jewelry included in an article about Sterle in the current issue of Solitaire Magazine.
- The Modern Sybarite wrote a great article featuring our own Murano glass! Check out his blog to read more!
SEGUSO WHITE "MERLETTO" MURANO GLASS VASE
- We are very proud and honored that a piece of glass from our gallery was selected to be included in New Glass Review. Over 2,500 images were submitted to the four jurors, who selected the best 100 pieces for this review.
- Check out Pin-Up Magazine's Fall/Winter 2011 Issue to see our Centerpiece by Hans Hollein.
Pin-Up Magazine, Fall/Winter 2011
- Look for our Sterling Silver "S" Brooch, by Alexander Calder, in Art + Auction Magazine's November 2011 Issue.
Art + Auction, November 2011
- Our Jaeger-LeCoultre Gold and Diamond Bracelet/Watch and Andrew Grima Pearl, Topaz, and Gold Necklace were featured in Art + Auction Magazine's October 2011 Issue.
Art + Auction, October 2011
- Did you see the beautiful feature about Primavera Gallry on 1stdibs "Shop Talk"! Click here to go view the article, written by Susanna Salk, on 1stdibs.com.
- Wendy Moonan, of The New York Times, announced "PRIMAVERA MOVES" in her Antiques column, May 18, 2007. "After 35 years on Madison Avenue, Primavera Gallery has moved to a large, light-filled space in Chelsea on the eight floor of the 210 Eleventh Avenue, at 25th Street. Primavera has long specialized in the late -19th-century and 20th-century decorative objects (jewelry, glass, ceramics, silver), paintings and furniture, like Poillerat, Pascaud, Arbus, Adnet, Chareau, and Printz. Unlike most dealers in the decorative arts, the owners, Audrey Friedman and her husband, Haim Manishevitz, also have vitrines full of antique jewelry, from Bulgari, Boucheron, Chaumet, Cartier, Mauboussin, Verdura, Suzanne Belperron, Seaman Schepps and Jean Schlumberger. 'Our emphasis is on signed pieces from Art Deco through the 1950s, not large diamonds or masses of precious stones,' Ms. Friedman said. The shop also has a large selection of French and Italian glass, from Daum, Emile Galle and Lalique to Venini; and modern lamps, which may explain the gallery's popularity with decorators.
- The Magazine Antiques interviewed Audrey Friedman for their Collecting 101 column. See "Not Your Mother's Jewelry: A Conversation with Audrey Friedman of Primavera Gallery" from October 2007.
- PRIMAVERA GALLERY was praised in "Granny's Tasteful Old Gold," a review that was featured in New York Social Diary on October 15, 2007, for our exhibition at The International Art + Design Fair.
- Art and Antiques Magazine recently wrote about our collection of Gio Ponti pieces in "Industrial Strength" (11.01.2007). This article is not to be missed for collector's of Ponti's work.
- 2007 WAS A BUSY YEAR FOR PRIMAVERA GALLERY! Take a look at all the publications that we were featured in:
W, April 2007
Art & Auction, June 2007
|W, October 2007
||Art & Auction, October 2007
|Town & Country, November 2007
||Vogue (Germany), November 2007
|IN New York, November 2007
||American Style, November 2007
- The Palm Beach Post (January 27, 2008) states that Art Deco Adds Panache To Any Home... "Regardless of the decor of your home, if you 're interested in Art Deco, you can find something to suit the space." says our very own Audrey Friedman. The ebonized pear wood armchairs by Adnet, the Maison Desny table lamp and the Puiforcat tea-and-coffee service are all available at Primavera Gallery.
The Palm Beach Post, Sunday, January 27, 2008
- The Palm Beach Illustrated (February 2008) featured our complete Desny cocktail set. This is something that belongs in a museum because it is so hard to come by the entire set: coupes, tray and shaker! Come see it for yourself on display at our gallery.
Palm Beach Illustrated, February 2008
- Our Brass and Beige Table Lamp by Ado Chale caught the attention of San Francisco's elite, at SF20, as Catherine Bigelow writes in The Bigelow Report.
- Both Wendy Moonan (Antiques: Nostalgia So Soon, October 3, 2008) and Benjamin Genocchio (Weekend Arts, Classic Modern: 20th Century Antiques, October 3, 2008) of The New York Times, fell in love with our Phillip Lloyd Powell carved walnut dresser as seen in our booth at the International Art + Design Fair. Genocchio wrote, "Beautiful, elegant objects abound, beginning at Primavera with a hand-carved wood chest of drawers (from the 1960s) by the American designer Phillip Lloyd Powell, who produced no more than a 1,000 pieces of furniture. Low to the ground, it is very organic looking, in the manner of the best Art Nouveau pieces. It was bought from a Parisian antiques dealer who acquired it from an expatriate American."
- Our Nekton Benches (2006) by Zaha Hadid have been causing a stir in the Press. They were featured in Antiques+Arts Weekly (September 19, 2008) and on VISTA's Art and Design website.
- New York Social Diary featured our beautiful booth at the International Art + Design Fair in the article Dark Cloud Consensus, October 3, 2008.
- "RAVISHING, NOT RETRO" is what Judith Gura titled her article, in the October issue of Art+Auction magazine, when referring to our upcoming jewelry exhibition, "Jewelry from the House of René Boivin and Other Notable French Jewelers 1950-60s".
- ForbesLife magazine (December 2008) included PRIMAVERA GALLERY as the "place to go to" if you are thinking of starting an Art Deco jewelry collection which the magazine believes has "timeless allure" and is a "timely investment." See their article "Rocks Solid" for great advice on the subject then visit our gallery to see the beautiful and important Art Deco jewelry designed by Despres, Templier, and Dunand featured in the article.
- Our magnificent table by Gilbert Poillerat is featured in the February 2009 of Architectural Digest (on newstands now!). Poillerat was one of the most important designers of the 20th century. We have other pieces by this wonderful designer available in the gallery.
- Our fabulous and unsual Mauboussin Ebony and Gold Watch snagged the front cover of VOGUE JAPAN for the month of June 2009. Check it out. And if you think that the watch will look just as great on your wrist as it does on the model's, then it can be yours for $5,800. The watch is in 18k gold and still has its original leather strap. We also have its original fitted box. Contact us the gallery if you are interested.
- The gallery's glass collection in known around the world. The Italian magazine Antiquariato published an article in its October 2009 issue on how highly valued Italian glass is amongst collectors and dealers alike. Three of our vases were featured in this article.
- Did you see Doris Goldstein's great article "The Ingenious Gemwork of Andrew Grima" in the Winter 2010 issue of Modern magazine? If not, it is definately worth your attention. Not only is the article very informative but it is beautifully illustrated with some wonderful Grima pieces (some are part of the Primavera Gallery collection). We are lucky to have such fabulous Grima pieces...they can also be yours...
- Rosanne Raab has written an interesting and informative article, Fork+ Food, for the January/February 2010 issue of Silver Magazine. In this article she features a piece from our collection, a magnificent fork by Archibald Knox.
- Do you miss THE MARTHA STEWART SHOW on Monday, February 8, 2010? Our beautiful VC&A Cupid brooch was featured as well as the rare and unusual Georgian lock and key ring (yes, the one that Martha wore on her finger!)...If you missed the segment check out the link http://www.marthastewart.com/article/romantic-vintage-jewelry ...But to see the jewelry, come and visit us in Chelsea!
- We have just returned from participating in the Palm Beach Jewelry, Art & Antique show and received great press that we would like to share with you. Our David Webb "Ram" bracelet, which once belonged to socialite Carolyn Ryan Foulke, was featured on the front page of the Palm Beach Post ACCENT section (Thursday, February 11, 2010).
Here is the close-up of the actual piece....
- We are always delighted to educate young collectors about what we do. Here is an article, "West Palm Sparkles and Shines" (February 22, 2010) about our jewelry at the Palm Beach Jewelry, Art & Antique show as written by Jen Herring and published in Beacon Blog, the official student blog of the Beacon student newspaper of Palm Beach Atlantic University.
- The last page (Editor's Choice, page 96) of the April 2010 issue of Art+Auction certainly deserves your attention. Yes, this incredible Cartier Elephant bracelet is ours, and yes, it is for sale, meaning that it can also be yours.
- "Sculpture Class" an article by Sarah Taylor, in the August 2010 issue of W magazine, tells the humerous story of how Audrey Friedman wasn't turned-off by a sign that read "World's Ugliest Jewelry" and in turn came away with some of the world's prettiest, and most unusual, rings. Jewelry featured: (top) 18K yellow gold, topaz, and diamond ring, ca. 1958 $4,500. and (center) Jaeger-LeCoultre 18k yellow gold and citrine watch, circa 1935, $45,000.
- The December 2010 issue of W magazine features our Wedgwood, 18K gold, diamonds and porcelain, earrings in its Maxi&Mini spread (page88). Take a look.
- We are deligted to be included in the February 2011 issue of Palm Beach Young Society. Featured are our fabulous Salvador Dali ear clips modeled as stylized phone receivers, ca. 1949.